Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Beginning

April 20th, 2011 - I decided that I need to get motivated and start an exercise program.  Through watching Biggest Loser and reading Ben Davis's blog (bendoeslife.com) I am getting motivated to start running.  On this day I started the Couch to 5K (C25K) running program.

I've decided to start this blog to keep track of my progress, give me some accountability, and just so I can share my experience with anyone who wonders upon this blog. 

Week 1 of C25K wasn't bad at all.  Or should I say it didn't seem so bad at first.  The first day I finished strong and felt good about it.  But there was one flaw in my plan... I didn't stretch.  OMG, I had sore legs for 2 days after that.  The front of my legs (quads... had to look up what they were called, lol) hurt so bad.  But I still ran the next day as day 2... That 60 secs of running felt a lot harder to do.  I took 2 days off before trying day 3 of C25K.  Still a bit tough but doing better. 

About me:
I weigh 231lbs (my heaviest was 246 about 2 months ago).  The only reason I lost that weight was b/c I had my tonsils removed.  I've always had issues with my weight and after high school the scale keeps going up and up.  This year is about me and getting a handle on my weight and overall health. 

I have never been a runner and actually despise the sport (is it technically a sport?  I think so).  I never liked sports growing up b/c they all required running and lets face it, I had low self-esteem and never thought I could run.  I always walked the mile test they give you in school. 

So why in the hell would someone like me want to start running?  The answer is because I never thought I could do it and I'm sure a lot of people don't think I can either.  I will prove them wrong.  Reading "Ben Does Life" has really inspired me and through searching for similar blogs, I've found a lot of overweight people learning to run... so why not this fat girl?  And so the journey begins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment