Monday, December 26, 2011

W4D1 - Here I come!

It's the day after Christmas and I'm not feeling this run. I was supposed to run yesterday but in lieu of the holiday, I spent all day with my family. :)

So here I am... getting ready to go to the bike trail for Week 4, Day 1 of the Annapolis Striders 5k Program. Will post more when I return.

Edit:
I finished my run today with a little difficulty.  Today I was supposed to run 3 minutes then walk 1 minute and repeat this 5 times (with a 3 minute warm up and 3 minute cool down).  The last run, I could not finish.  I had to break it up into three 1-minute runs.  But I ran for the 15 minutes required, just had to break that last one up. 

My calves were burning and I'm not sure if it's due to breaking in my new shoes or if I'm just not used to running outside very much.  So on Wednesday, I'm going to use my old shoes and hope it feels better.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment