Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fear

There is a 4 letter F word that I truly despise... yep, you guessed it, FEAR!

Fear is a burden fat people carry. We fear so many things and situations. Fear has kept me back for so long... from meeting new people, going places, and doing new things. Fear has kept me in my safe little bubble where my life just passes me by. But not anymore!

Today I took a class at Xpose at Arundel Mills with my friend Bri and her friends. It's a pole dancing exercise class.  It was so much fun. Fear almost stopped me from going. Some one didn't come and I believe fear got ahold of her. My fear was for meeting new people, for looking stupid, for being the biggest girl in class, for not being able to do it... the list could go on. But instead of letting that fear sink its razor sharp claws in me, I pushed it aside and decided who cares if I mess up. Who cares if I'm the biggest girl. I just want to try something different and have fun... and guess what??? I DID! I HAD A BLAST!

So the scoreboard for today is... Dana - 1.. Fear - 0. It is a good day.

Off to bed.. DC 101 Chili Cookoff tomorrow, all day. :) Going to be an awesome concert.



No comments:

Post a Comment