Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yay! I did 3 miles today

I left work early today b/c I just couldn't be there any longer and I have enough hours.... I wanted to come home and take a nap before Idol... but instead I RAN! :)  You all should be proud of this fat girl!

I was just going to see how fast I could do my mile to see if I improved.  So I walked 1/4 a mile on the treadmill as a warm-up before I started the time on my one mile.  I did my mile in 13:34 today! :)  That's a 45 sec improvement in one week.  I'm extremely happy with that. 

So after I finished the timed mile I was at 1.25 miles (since I did the quarter mile walk as a warm up).  Well I just couldn't stop there.  I had to do another lap to cool down.  Then I figured I was too close to 2 miles to not do it.  So I did it.  Then I looked at the time and was under 30 mins... So I figured I'd go a little farther and kept pushing myself... running half of each lap and even running at a 6.0 (I normally run at 5.0). 

I finished 3 miles in 46:38.  I'm really happy with that.  Plus that is the first time I've done 3 miles since I started running.  :)  I'm so happy with it.

Now quick shower then off to my mom's for American Idol!

Toodles until tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment