Thursday, January 12, 2012

Update 1/11/12

Miles since 01/02/12: 16.17

  • 01/11/12 - 3.01 **
  • 01/09/12 - 3.58
  • 01/06/12 - 3.3
  • 01/05/12 - 3.18
  • 01/02/12 - 3.1

** Recap of today's run:

I went to the gym after work... I got there about 8:45pm. I was feeling exhausted and the cold, rainy weather wasn't helping. So, I decided to take a 10 minute power nap in my car (which are the best kind of naps) and then go in. Well my alarm went off 10 mins later and I wasn't feeling it. So I hit the snooze for another 10 mins. I finally woke up and had to talk myself into going. The urge to leave and go home and crawl into a warm bed was OVERWHELMING. But I drug (dragged?) my ass into the gym and resolved to doing just what I had to do for my Annapolis Striders 5k program (W6D2). Well I did that and then W1D2 of the HundredPushUp program (explained below). On my second running interval I accidentally yanked the cord out of the treadmill and came to an sudden halt... scared the bejesus out of me. But got back to it and I did 3 miles in just under 40 minutes... this is an improvement which made me so happy. Thank God for my iPod Nano and Nike+ keeping track of my work out when all my data was erased on the treadmill.


Push-ups since 01/11/12: 36

I'm skipping day 1 of week 1 since I did arm work out earlier in the week. But I did day 2 of week 1 today. Here's the Push-Up plan for week 1 from Hundred Pushups:


Things I did well today (it's hard to come up with 4):

  • Drank a TON of water... about 80 ounces.
  • Took the stairs at work
  • Ate healthy: Special K for breakfast, Caesar salad for lunch, and Chicken with wild rice for dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment