Tuesday, January 10, 2012

W6D1 - WOW!!!

So these posts were supposed to happen last night but I was too tired when I got home to write them because I was killing it at the gym!

Last night after work, I got to my gym (Gold's Gym) about 9:00. I really didn't want to go. Like at all. But I talked to my friend Katie on the drive there and she told me that she didn't feel like doing her 4 miles that day but she at least did 2 of them. With that mentality in mind, I was like well at least I can go and get through my Annapolis Striders run and that's it.

I don't know how you are but sometimes I get the urge to out-do myself. I was so surprised that I could run a 5 minute interval... not only once but 5 times. I was absolutely amazed at myself. I had to walk an extra minute between the last two runs but I did it. And didn't stop there. When I finished that workout, I was at about 2.75 miles... I couldn't leave it at that. So I did interval sprinting... I sprint for about 1/4 of a lap (which is at a 6.0mph for me... I normally "run" at 4.6-5.0 range) then walked 1/4 of a lap... then I repeated this until I got to 3.59 miles. :) After my run I did arm workout and some crunches too.

Today I feel amazing and very proud of myself. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment